Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloweenie in London Town

A couple weeks back, my friend had her birthday party with a London and pumpkin carving theme!

I posted some quintessential London looks, as I was debating what my London style would be for the event.

It turns out.. most of us went for the royal look. A few of us rocked some fascinators, and cute little hats. And for the girls who didn't really dress up to the theme, they played it off by saying, "Kate Middleton dresses like this when she's not going out for tea with The Queen".


Halloween is probably my most favourite holiday, but I have to admit that it has been years since I have actually carved a pumpkin. While I stuck to carving out a little mini pumpkin, Cassandra and Nicole dug into a big one.



We even decorated our London themed jello shots with the Union Jack, to play up the London concept.


In Winnipeg, sangria seems to be a pretty common drink, especially in the summertime sitting on a patio somewhere down Corydon. In London, this very popular cocktail -- that I spent my summer with in London -- is Pimm's. We made a batch, and the people who had never tried it before were blown away.


And this is how you do it:


Jax had went to an event that was London themed a week before her party, so she used some of those decorations to fancy up the pumpkins.


I loved these hats. They were so adorable, and the periwinkle hat just happens to be vintage.


And this here is the birthday girl. With her lovely red fascinator, and those crafty blue lashes, she has the party theme and British swag written all over her.


1 comment: