Friday, October 21, 2011

The Devil Wears Dior


People are still wondering who is going to officially take John Galliano's place at Dior, since he was found guilty of making racist and anti-Semitic comments in a Paris cafe in February.

There has been talk of Marc Jacobs being Dior's first choice, but with all the rumours going around, who really knows. Marc Jacobs is one of my favourite designers of all time, but I love what he does with Louis  Vuitton, and I don't think I'm ready to see him move on.

With Dior being faced with such a difficult decision to let go of such a creative and beautiful designer, it was best they did so from a PR perspective.
Jo Milloy, Galliano's spokesperson had an apologetic approach to the whole situation.

"Mr Galliano is relieved that the events of the last eight months have now been concluded," Galliano's spokesperson, Jo Milloy, told us this afternoon. "However this is not a time for celebration, and he remains apologetic for any offense that has been caused. He will continue to receive treatment for his illness and hopes in time to embrace a more positive future, based on forgiveness and understanding."

I mean, the series of unfortunate events would have only damaged the Dior brand if they would have decided to keep Galliano around. 

With his talent I’m sure he’ll make it back into the fashion world, but I think Dior made the right move to maintain their brand as only the best. 

5 comments:

  1. Dior needs to find a hot up-and-comer instead of going with someone tried-and-true to replace Galliano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Having a new perspective from a new and young designer, may be exactly what Dior needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole situation made me really upset. As much as what he said was disgusting, he is a true genius when it comes to fashion design. As much as I feel he should be punished, it's sad that this punishment means depriving the world of the beauty that he supplies. Hard to know what's right in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though what John Galliano did was awful, I'll really miss his Dior designs. He did such great things for the fashion house. I honestly hope they bring him back one day, maybe when all this dies down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, or maybe when he gets his act together?

    ReplyDelete