Thursday, October 6, 2011

God Save McQueen

This year Paris fashion week came to an end with Alexander McQueen's Spring/Summer 2012 collection hitting the catwalk. New designer for the UK brand, Sarah Burton, was also the mastermind behind the design of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress.
The SS12 collection was only Sarah Burton’s third collection as creative director for Alexander McQueen. And thus being one of my overall favourite collections for SS12, I think she has definitely proven that she can live up to the iconic designs of late Lee Alexander McQueen. 
As many fashion industry attendees began posting photo’s from the runway show to twitter, I was all over it, trying to check out as many pictures as I could. The detailing of each piece blew me away.



The Alexander McQueen collection was as fierce as always, and there is gracefulness to the pieces that offers a balance between being edgy and elegant.


Check out the full Alexander McQueen SS12 Paris Fashion Week runway show

3 comments:

  1. I love what Sarah Burton did with this collection. So classic McQueen!

    And so true.. a perfect balance between edgy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooooove McQueen! My boyfriend brought me back the "Savage Beauty" book of his from New York this summer! It's amazing! Great post Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alexander McQueen collection never fails to surprise me! I'm glad you guys liked it too!

    ReplyDelete