Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tribal from Trendland

My new newsletter addiction: Trendland

I'm such a sucker for subscribing to random newsletters, and instead of unsubscribing, deleting them has just become part of my daily routine. In all honestly Trendland is the only one I've been frequenting since a friend passed the site along to me. 

I'm all about discovering the "new" and this source delivers content from all over the world in these fantastic areas:



Everything I've read about thus far are probably things I wouldn't have discovered on my own. This series of photos particularly caught my attention with the bold colours and interesting use of props. 

The photos were taken for WAD Magazine No. 53 by Swiss photographer Namsa Leuba, capturing the depiction of African identity through Western eyes, with a western and tribal-influenced wardrobe, and stunning palm leaves and flowers. Her work has also been featured in the publications Numero and -- my absolute favourite -- i-D magazine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment