Friday, September 16, 2011

Birds Of A Feather, Flock Together

Even though this is my first blog, I have been using other forms of social media for awhile now, and I love it! Not only can you see what your friends have been up, but it is so easy to check out what your favorite movie star, singer, designer or athlete are doing too. 
I really like how twitter is an easy way to discover new people that you share common interests with or can possibly learn a thing or two from. 

Since I love keeping up with the latest trends, and seeing what all my style icons are wearing, twitter is an easy way to do so. I have discovered new designers and fashion outlets from following new people who are following the same people as me. 
During big fashion events like Fashion's Night Out and Fashion Week, social media is being taken to the fullest advantage by people in the fashion industry.
Leading up to FNO and New York Fashion Week, designers, stylists and editors were tweeting about upcoming shows and events. Even when the shows were going on, the tweets still continued about all the new major collections. 
Some of the designers, stylists, and magazines that I am following on twitter tweeted links so I was able to watch many of the fashion shows from NYFW live.
If you're interested in fashion I would recommend the following people to follow on twitter:
@polyvore
@rzrachelzoe
@Fashionista_com
@ninagarcia
@voguemagazine
@MichaelKors

Michael Kors SS12 @ NYFW

3 comments:

  1. It's a bit hard to read your blog - reverse type and a busy background. You can apply a screen over the background under the "Design" tab - experiment to see what you like best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a local perspective, you might also want to follow @sandboxmag !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenton, thanks for the advice, I just changed up the look of my blog today!

    Melanie, Sandbox is a great local fashion outlet!

    ReplyDelete