Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globe

I wanted to start off with a confession about last night's 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards. Once the red carpet was over, I didn't stick around for the awards. So if you're wanting to read an award recap check out Kulture By Katherine.

On a high note, I'm going to start off with some of my favourite gowns of the evening!

So, I'm a sucker for beading. I love anything that is covered in beads and gives off a vintage looking vibe. Salma Hayek wore a Gucci dress and was looking stunning. I like how the colours of her hair compliment the gold and black beads on her dress. This dress really reminds me of my favourite vintage beaded purse.

Sofia Vergara from Modern Family looked amazing in this midnight-blue Vera Wang gown. The colour is immaculate, and the fish tail bottom shows off her amazing curves. If I looked like that in this dress (or if I was her), I would never want to take it off. This may just be my favourte dress of the night.


Emma Stone looked super edgy and firece in her Lanvin gown. Charlize Theron on the other hand looked very elegant and classic in her Christian Dior gown.


And I just have to say it...Zac Posen owned the red carpet. Reese Witherspoon, Elle Macpherson and Kelly Osbourne all rocked gowns designed by Zac. They all were looking fresh, classy, and even a little bit edgy. The fish tail dresses added another element of elegance.

I LOVE Kelly's grey-toned hair. I think she really pulls off the purple tint it has to it, and is working the new trend. The colour of her dress is bold, yet refreshing.


The silhouette of Reese's dress complimented her figure wonderfully, and the softness of her hair made her glow.

Elle's dress is so fun, and the structure of it really intreaged me. Her colourful accessories looked great with her ivory dress. 

Channing Tattum and wife Jenna Dewan looked like the perfect couple walking the carpet. Her beautiful Maria Lucia Hohan dress looked stunning with her purple jewels and bright eyes. He's not bad looking either.


I could go on and on about all of the dresses that I loved off the red carpet...and the ones that weren't so hot. I'm going to leave you with probably the worst of the worst, atleast in my books.

I just cannot begin to imagine what Sarah Michelle Gellar was thinking when she decided that wearing a tie-dyed Monique Lhuillier gown to the Golden Globes was a good idea. I do like the print, but definitely not for this dress. The photo speaks for itself. 

3 comments:

  1. Sarah Michelle Gellar's dress is laughable! In an interview last night, she said she let her 2 year old daughter pick out the dress... that's basically her way of blaming the disaster on someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you tell those celebs what's what girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that explains it... she could have atleast picked a couple nice one's, then had her daughter pick from one of those...

    ReplyDelete